The Garage Door Opener can be one of three types-chain drive, belt drive or screw drive. Many people are going with the belt drive today, because of it’s smooth and quiet operation. But the chain and screw drive systems are also very popular because it’s most affordable.
Recently another type of Operator, known as JackShaft Residential System, has become very popular.
This Opener consists of a motor that attaches to the side of the torsion rod and moves the Garage Door Up and Down by spinning the rod. This automatic device has an advantage that it is free up ceiling space that an ordinary opener and rail would occupy.
The most popular and reliable brand of Garage Door Openers is LiftMaster® garage door openers. LiftMaster® continue to design products that make home access easier and put you in control of how you come and go.
LiftMaster 8500 Elite Series Wall Mount Garage Door Opener
This sleek, space-saving design mounts on the wall beside your garage door, freeing up ceiling space. This Elite Series model comes fully equipped with Security+ 2.0, MyQ Technology and the Timer-to-Close system.
- MyQ Technology lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door.
- Download the MyQ mobile app for free. (Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect). No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink.
LiftMaster 8550W Elite Series DC Battery Backup Belt Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener
The 8550W comes fully equipped with Security+ 2.0, MyQ Technology, Battery Backup and the Timer-to-Close feature.
- Security+ 2.0 – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener ensuring the door does not inadvertently open.
- PosiLock -locks down the door by electronically monitoring against a forced opening.
- Timer-to-Close automatically closes the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Motion Detector is integrated into control panel providing rapid detection and illumination of the garage.
- The Protector System incorporates safety sensors which emit an invisible light beam across the garage door opening, automatically reversing the door if an object interrupts the beam.
LiftMaster 8365 1/2 HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
8365 1/2 HP AC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener is the perfect choice if you want enhanced style, reliability, and the performance attributes of this best-selling drive system ever.
- Consume up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Durable and powerful performance with P3 Motors, which are specifically built for use in Garage Door Openers.
- Lifetime motor and one-year parts warranties.
LiftMaster 8355W Premium Series 1/2 HP AC Belt Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener
The 8355W is an energy efficient & reliable garage door opener with MyQ & Security 2.0+. This Premium Series Garage Door Opener provides reliable, energy efficient performance year after year. The Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS) provides quiet, smooth operation and comes fully equipped with Wi-Fi, Security+ 2.0 and MyQ Technology.